Introduction to JMapMyLDAP
The JMapMyLDAP tool was created to map LDAP groups to Joomla! 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 groups. The first stable version was released in 2011. Development on version 2 is active and builds can be tested at Getting Started with Version 2..
Join the discussion on this tool over at this forum thread. Alternatively, watch the video tutorial at this link.
Current features include:
- LDAP Group Mapping to Joomla Groups
- Name and Email Synchronisation
- Tested with Active Directory, eDirectory and partially OpenLDAP
- Support for nested groups through recursion
- Forward and Reverse group lookups
- Single Sign On (SSO) with HTTP
- Error feedback through JLog and JDebug
- Joomla! 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 Compatible
- Free, non-commercial, open source and licensed under the GNU GPL
Features scheduled for version 2:
- Administration component for debugging and setting up plugins (completed)
- Password plug-in to save passwords to LDAP (completed)
- LDAP profile plugin to sync extra fields to and from LDAP (completed)
- New logging for debugging and audit tracking (completed)
- User creation and deletion to and from LDAP (completed)
- New sets of Documentation (In Progress)
- Lots of testing and fixing known bugs (In Progress)
- Current requirement is Joomla! 2.5+ or Platform 11.1
- Go to Github for the latest code for version 2.
- All issues are now listed in the bug tracker only.
- Please report new issues either directly to the Bug Tracker or by contacting me.