Introduction to JMapMyLDAP
The JMapMyLDAP tool was created to map LDAP groups to Joomla! 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 groups. The first stable version was released in 2011. Development on version 2 is active and a list of features can be seen below.
Join the discussion on this tool over at this forum thread. Alternatively, watch the video tutorial at this link.
Current features include:
- LDAP Group Mapping to Joomla Groups
- Name and Email Synchronisation
- Tested with Active Directory, eDirectory and partially OpenLDAP
- Support for nested groups through recursion
- Forward and Reverse group lookups
- Single Sign On (SSO) with HTTP
- Error feedback through JLog and JDebug
- Joomla! 1.6, 1.7 and 2.5 Compatible
- Free, non-commercial, open source and licensed under the GNU GPL
Features scheduled for version 2:
- Administration component for debugging and setting up plugins
- Password plug-in to save passwords to LDAP (completed)
- LDAP profile plugin to sync extra fields to and from LDAP (completed)
- New logging for debugging and audit tracking (completed)
- User creation back to LDAP (completed)
- Current requirement is Joomla! 2.5+ or Platform 11.1
- Go to Github for the latest code for version 2.
- All issues are now listed in the bug tracker only.
- Please report new issues either directly to the Bug Tracker or by contacting me.